Legendary Songstress Anita Baker Brings 2023 Tour To Pine Knob Music Theatre July 2, 2023
(DETROIT – November 10, 2022) – Eight-time Grammy® Award-winning superstar Anita Baker, The Songstress, has announced a special run of live dates for 2023. The Songstress’ tour, produced by Live Nation, will bring her to 15 cities including a visit to Pine Knob Music Theatre on Sunday, July 2 at 7 p.m. Pine Knob Music Theatre is presented by Proud Partners United Wholesale Mortgage, Trinity Health and Ally.
Tickets (starting at $50 on the lawn) go on sale Thursday, November 17 at 10 a.m. at 313Presents.com, LiveNation.com and Ticketmaster.com. Citi is the official card of Anita Baker’s tour. Citi cardmembers will have access to presale tickets beginning Monday, November 14 at 10 a.m. local time until Wednesday, November 16 at 10 p.m. local time through the Citi Entertainment program. For complete presale details visit www.citientertainment.com.
The tour kicks off on February 11 at Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, FL making stops across the U.S. in Atlanta, Baltimore, Houston, and more before wrapping up in Oakland’s Oakland Arena on December 23.
The tour celebrates Baker’s 40 years as a music icon in the industry since the release of her debut album, The Songstress, was released in 1983. These dates mark the first time she has been on a full tour since 1995 and it is also the first time The Songstress will be performing her classic hits live since winning back the rights to her masters.
"Looking forward to some crazy, lovely, hang time with my fans, on tour in 2023!! ....Gonna, bring some new music & some special guests, too." -ABXO🎼
Earlier this year, Baker performed a special one-night-only homecoming show in front of a sold-out crowd at Little Caesars Arena on July 22. She last performed at Pine Knob Music Theatre on August 28, 2010.
Baker, born in Toledo, OH, and raised in Detroit, MI, is one of the most popular singers of soulful ballads during the height of the quiet storm period in the 1980s. Starting her career in the late 1970s with the funk band Chapter 8, Baker released her first solo album, The Songstress, in 1983. In 1986, she rose to stardom following the release of her Platinum-selling second album, Rapture, which included the Grammy®-winning single “Sweet Love.” Baker has won eight Grammy® Awards and has four Platinum albums, along with two Gold albums. Baker is a contralto, with a vocal range that extends her register to at least three octaves.
2023 TOUR DATES
- Sat Feb 11 – Hollywood, FL – Hard Rock Live*
- Tue Feb 14 – Atlanta, GA – State Farm Arena
- Fri Feb 17 – New Orleans, LA – Smoothie King Center
- Wed May 10 – Newark, NJ – Prudential Center
- Fri May 12 – Long Island, NY – UBS Arena
- Sun May 14 – Baltimore, MD – CFG Bank Arena
- Fri Jun 30 – Chicago, IL – United Center
- Sun Jul 02 – Detroit, MI – Pine Knob Music Theatre
- Sat Nov 18 – Greensboro, NC – Greensboro Coliseum Complex
- Wed Nov 22 – Memphis, TN – FedEx Forum
- Fri Nov 24 – Atlantic City, NJ – Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena*
- Fri Dec 15 – Houston, TX – Toyota Center
- Sun Dec 17 – Dallas, TX – American Airlines Center
- Fri Dec 22 – Los Angeles, CA – Crypto.com Arena
- Sat Dec 23 – Oakland, CA – Oakland Arena
* Not a Live Nation Date