Little Caesars Arena
Little Caesars Arena in The District Detroit serves as the home of the Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Pistons and countless other sports, entertainment and community events. Little Caesars Arena also features state-of-the-art technology, fan amenities and active community spaces like the Via, the BELFOR Training Center and the Chevrolet Plaza.
The XFINITY Box Office at Little Caesars Arena is located on Woodward Avenue, adjacent to the Chevrolet Entry Northeast.
Monday – Friday: 11:00 am - 5:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday: Open on event days only
EVENT DAY HOURS
11:00 am - 60 minutes after event start time
TICKET LIMIT POLICY
The maximum number of tickets that can be purchased for a show is restricted to the published ticket limit of that show. Most events have an 8 ticket limit. The ticket limit can be viewed on the individual event page through the Ticketmaster website. This applies for the entire duration a show is on-sale and includes all points of purchase. 313 Presents reserves the right to cancel ticket limits on specific shows or offers at any time that exceed the policy. There is a four event per transaction limit (or a maximum of 32 tickets). If you wish to purchase more than four events, we politely ask that you get back in line (if applicable).
|Address - 2645 Woodward Avenue Detroit, Michigan 48201|
|Main line - 313-471-7000|
|Accessible Seating Ticket Information - 313-471-7929|
|Lost & Found - Lost and Found Form|
|Guest Experience- Contact Us|
|During events, for non-emergencies, text LCAHELP to 313-513-HELP (4357)|
|Red Wings Group Sales - 313-471-7574 ext. 4|
|Red Wings Premium Seating and Suites - 313-471-2260|
|Event Group Sales - 313-471-3099|
|Pistons Group Sales - 313-PISTONS select Groups Dept at the prompt screen|
|Private Events - 313-471-7104
|Suite Services - 313-471-3075|
- We have four main entries that are all Accessible. Our Huntington Entry NW is located on Sproat St. just west of Woodward Ave., our Chevrolet Entry NE is located on Woodward Ave. and Sproat St., our Comerica Entry SE is located at Woodward Ave. and Henry St. and our Meijer Entry SW is located at Henry St. and Park St.
- These entries allow guests to enter the venue directly from the streets of Downtown Detroit and into our Street Level Concourse.
- Before guests are permitted entry into Little Caesars Arena, they must go through one of our three security screening processes. The three different types of screening that are utilized include magnetometers, hand wands, or pat downs. Should guests not be able to use any of these devices for health reasons, please ask a Crowd Manager for alternative options.
- For guests who park in the Little Caesars Arena Garage located on Cass Ave. and Sproat St. and have access to one of our premium spaces, they can access the Skybridge which connects to the Blue Cross Blue Shield Suite Lounge. Guests must clear the screening procedures above.
Accessible Access to the Floor
- For most concerts, family shows and Detroit Pistons games, we offer accessible floor seating which can be accessed by using the Southeast elevators located between Mike's Pizza Bar and The Mixing Board, across from PORTAL 9.
- Accessible parking is available in all of Olympia Development of Michigan’s parking lots. Additional accessible spaces will be reserved in the parking lot at 2721 Cass Ave. These spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis at the going rate with presentation of an accessible license plate or hang tag.
Accessible Drop Off
- Accessible parking spaces are available within all 32 parking locations within The District Detroit.
- The Little Caesars Arena Garage, United Wholesale Mortgage Garage, and Temple West Garage have the closest accessible parking spaces to the Little Caesars Arena.
- The accessible drop-off & pick-up area is along the West Fisher Service Drive, near Park Street and the Henry West Garage.
- Accessible parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All fixed concession stands at Little Caesars Arena are wheelchair accessible. Accessible counters are available for guests in wheelchairs and can be found throughout the venue. Accessible tables and service counters are available for guests in wheelchairs in all Club locations and at all restaurants adjacent to Little Caesars Arena.
- Accessible drinking fountains are available at the following locations:
Street Level Concourse: PORTALS 1, 4, 10 and 13
Upper Level Concourse: PORTALS 21, 29 and 62
- Accessible seating can be purchased through all announced ticket sales locations, based on availability.
- Additional companion seating may be purchased based on availability by calling 313-471-7929. All entrances are accessible. Accessible seating is available at every price point in the venue. If a guest requires accommodation after their ticket purchase, they should contact the number above for assistance. If a guest is at the venue and needs to be relocated, they should visit the XFINITY Box Office across from PORTAL 5 for assistance.
Assisted Listening Devices
- For guests with hearing impairments, assisted listening devices are available at the Guest Service Office on the Street Level Concourse outside PORTAL 10.
- The devices operate on an FM system. Guests wishing to check out a device must leave a driver’s license or credit card, which will be returned upon receipt of the device.
- Devices are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis and are provided free of charge.
Sign Language Interpreter
- A sign language interpreter can be provided; however, a four-week notice is required before an event.
- To request a sign language interpreter, please call 313-471-7328.
Sensory Kits & KultureCity
- Little Caesars Arena has partnered with KultureCity to make all events hosted at the arena sensory inclusive. This initiative promotes an accommodating and positive experience for all guests and fans with sensory needs. Event staff are trained by leading medical professionals on how to recognize guests with sensory needs and how to best handle a sensory overload situation.
- Sensory bags, equipped with noise canceling headphones, fidget tools, and verbal cue card are available to all guests who may feel overwhelmed by the environment. Strobe cancelling glasses and weighted lap pads are also available. Guests wishing to check out sensory items must sign a waiver and leave a driver’s license or credit card, which will be returned upon receipt of the sensory items in the same condition. Sensory items are available at the Guest Service Offices at PORTALS 10, 20, and 67 and are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis and are provided free of charge.
- For guests experiencing challenges with their tickets, please reach out to one of our Guest Relations colleagues to assist you.
- For guests who need a quieter environment, guests have access to the Mothers Room (located near PORTAL 20).
- The only animals allowed inside Little Caesars Arena are those serving as a guide, signal or service animal to aid guests with disabilities. Guests escorted by service animals may not take up any additional seats unless a ticket has been purchased for the adjacent seat.
- Wheelchairs are available at each entrance for transportation to and from the seating areas. Upon entry, please ask any colleague for wheelchair assistance and they will be happy to help you.
- Wheelchairs are not available for individual use during events. During periods of heavy volume, guests may be asked to wait until a wheelchair becomes available to transport them either to their seats or back to the doors. In the event of a medical emergency in which wheelchair service is required, please contact the nearest colleague.
- Guests are permitted to bring their own wheelchairs to Little Caesars Arena.
- For guests who wish to transfer from their wheelchair into an arena seat, we will store their wheelchair at one of our Guest Service Offices and return the wheelchair to the guest when desired.
Can I bring my purse or my bag into the arena?
To uphold health and safety protocols, minimize contact and ensure a more seamless entry process, Little Caesars Arena has adopted a no bag policy.
Exceptions to this policy include bags needed due to medical necessity including diaper bags, breast pumps and other medical devices. Medical bags must measure smaller than 14” x 14” x 6” and will be screened via X-ray at the following entries Meijer Entry SW, Huntington Entry NW, Comerica Entry NE, and the tunnel connecting Little Caesars Garage on the Club Level.
Single compartment wallets smaller than 4” x 6” x 1.5”, with or without a handle or strap are permitted.
I only carry cash, how will I pay for items at the venue?
All points of sale at Little Caesars Arena require cashless payment methods. Guests can conveniently convert their cash to a VISA card with no fees or extra charges at a Reverse-ATM located by Portals 9 & 58 on the concourse. After inserting cash into the kiosk, the dispensed card will hold the same exact value as the cash that is inserted. The VISA card can be used to make a purchase at the venue and at any location that accepts VISA.
What is the smoking policy?
For the comfort and safety of our guests, Little Caesars Arena and its surrounding areas are non-smoking, including e-cigarettes, and re-entry to the arena after exiting is not allowed.
Can I bring a camera in the arena?
Generally, professional cameras, tablets, audio recorders and video recorders are not permitted at Little Caesars Arena; this policy, however, is altered to accommodate the preference of the artist or show. To inquire if professional cameras, tablets, audio or video recorders are permitted for a particular event, please contact us at 313-471-7000. For select performances, a strict no camera policy will be enforced and guests will be informed.
How do I contact lost and found?
During an event, found items are turned into the Guest Services Office outside PORTALS 10, 20 or 67. Guests may inquire about items at any point during the event. After an event, guests can click this link to submit a missing item.
Can I bring food & drink into the venue?
Outside food & beverage is not permitted.
Will the event be canceled due to inclement weather?
Little Caesars Arena rarely cancels or postpones events due to inclement weather. Please be advised that tickets for all events are sold on a non-refundable and non-exchangeable basis (this stipulation is clearly marked on each ticket). Should a decision be made to cancel or postpone an event, the information will be posted immediately through the venue's social media outlets.
What time do the doors open for my event?
Doors for Detroit Red Wings and Detroit Pistons games open 90 minutes prior to game time. Doors for concerts and general events typically open 60 minutes prior to the scheduled event time. Door times are subject to change.
Can I bring in an umbrella?
Umbrellas are allowed, except pointed tip umbrellas.
What are the set times for my event?
Set times for each show varies, and are subject to change.
Where is the rideshare drop off?
For drop off, your rideshare can drop you off on the West Fisher Service Drive along Park Street. For pickup, from the arena head south down Woodward Ave. towards Montcalm St. Behind St. John's Church at the southeast corner of the West Fisher Service Drive and Woodward Ave.
Is there a mothers room where I can nurse my baby?
For the comfort of nursing mothers, there is a Mothers Room on the Street Level Concourse outside PORTAL 20. This location includes a sink, microwave, refrigerator and private, curtained areas with electrical outlets. There is also a family restroom inside this area for your convenience. Breast pumps are permitted inside the arena. If you have any questions about related items, please call 313-471-7000.
How do I get message displayed on the videoboard?
To have a message displayed on the scoreboard during Detroit Red Wings games, visit DetroitRedWings.com/WishClub and submit the form to the Detroit Red Wings Wish Club. Messages must be submitted at least 24 hours prior to the preferred game date. Messages require a minimum donation of $75 to the Red Wings Wish Club.
To have a message displayed on the scoreboard during Detroit Pistons games, visit Pistons.com/Community/Get-Involved. Birthday messages are displayed during halftime at Detroit Pistons home games only. A $75 minimum donation to the Detroit Pistons Foundation is required for a Birthday Message. Birthday Messages must be received at least 72 hours before the requested Pistons game date.
Scoreboard messaging is not available at concerts or events.
What is the Guest Code of Conduct?
Little Caesars Arena is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all guests. To provide these types of experiences, we have standards and expectations for all guests and visitors. The Guest Code of Conduct outlines those expectations and policies.
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity by displaying proper etiquette as outlined below. Guests should refrain from any action that disrupts other guests' enjoyment of the event
- Do not engage in any unruly behavior, including obscene gestures, derogatory, vulgar, biased or abusive language directed at guests, venue personnel, artists, or anyone else. This includes the use of such language, actions or gestures concerning a person’s race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, creed, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or national origin; or to instigate, incite or encourage violence, a confrontation or threat of physical harm
- Refrain from wearing any clothing or displaying signage/products that contains obscene or indecent messages or signs. Little Caesars Arena reserves the right to prohibit anything deemed inappropriate
- Do not fight, throw objects or attempt to enter or interfere with the performance area
- Consume alcoholic beverages responsibly and avoid intoxication, diminished capacity or impairment by alcohol or drugs. Guests must be at least 21 years of age to consume alcoholic beverages
- Sit only in your ticketed seat and show your ticket when asked by venue personnel
- Do not exit with the expectation to re-enter the venue after scanning of tickets
- Refrain from smoking inside the venue. Little Caesars Arena is a non-smoking venue
Guests must comply with reasonable requests from venue personnel. Those who refuse may be subject to ejection without refund, revocation of season tickets and possible arrest and/or prosecution. Guests are encouraged to utilize our text assist tool and/or share any concerns during the event with our venue personnel as soon as possible. Visit one of our Guest Services Offices near PORTALS 10, 20 or 67, or text LCAHELP along with your location and issue to 313-513-HELP (4357).
What are the health & safety measures in place at the venue?
The health and safety of our guests, staff and performers is our first priority. Please visit our Health & Safety Protocol page for more information.
Do you offer sensory-friendly options?
Little Caesars Arena, the Fox Theatre, Pine Knob Music Theatre, Meadow Brook Amphitheatre, Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre and Comerica Park have partnered with and gained certification with KultureCity, making all events hosted at the venues sensory inclusive. This initiative promotes an accommodating and positive experience for all guests and fans with sensory needs. Event staff are trained by leading medical professionals on how to recognize guests with sensory needs and how to best handle a sensory overload situation.
Sensory bags, equipped with noise canceling headphones, fidget tools, and verbal cue card are available to all guests who may feel overwhelmed by the environment. Strobe cancelling glasses and weighted lap pads are also available. Guests wishing to check out sensory items must sign a waiver and leave a driver’s license or credit card, which will be returned upon receipt of the sensory items in the same condition. Sensory items are available at the Guest Service Offices at PORTALS 10, 20, and 67 and are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis and are provided free of charge.