Jill Scott Brings “Who Is Jill Scott? Words & Sounds Vol. 1 23rd Anniversary Tour” To The Fox Theatre Friday, March 31, 2023
(DETROIT – December 5, 2022) – Three-time Grammy® Award-winning singer-songwriter, Actress and Multimedia Entrepreneur Jill Scott re-embarks on the “Who is Jill Scott? Words & Vol. 1 Tour” in 2023, in
celebration of the now 23rd anniversary of her iconic debut album. The tour includes a performance at the Fox Theatre on Friday, March 31, 2023 at 8 p.m. Comerica Bank is the exclusive presenting partner of the Fox Theatre.
Tickets (starting at $49.75) go on sale Friday, December 9 at 10 a.m. at 313Presents.com, LiveNation.com and Ticketmaster.com. Pre-sales for the Who is Jill Scott? Words & Sounds Vol. 1 23rd Anniversary Tour begin on Tuesday, December 6. Visit missjillscott.com for tickets and follow @MissJillScott on social media for the latest updates.
What started as the 20th-anniversary tour of Jill Scott’s chart-topping, genre-defining album, Who Is Scott?: Words and Sounds Vol I in 2020 ended prematurely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. But good news prevails: in 2023, the tour will resume, electrifying auditoriums, theaters, and music halls throughout the nation in celebration of a moment and movement that continues to enthrall music lovers of all ages and backgrounds. Scott will play the iconic album front to back, with hits from her iconic debut album, such as “Gettin’ in the Way,” “A Long Walk” and other musical stories. The tour, produced by Live Nation Urban, will play in over 20 markets across the country, with special multi-show residencies in Washington, D.C. at the MGM National Harbor on Mother's Day weekend and Scott’s hometown of Philadelphia at The MET Philadelphia, marking the first time the North Philadelphia native will play at the storied North Philadelphia venue. The Philadelphia stop also includes a fundraiser at the Arden Theatre in support of her non-profit, the Blues Babe Foundation.
"My band and I were so excited three years ago, but that damn COVID shut us down," said Scott. "Now, we outside! Come see me. Come feel again. Relive your favorite moments. Ya'll ready to settle down and get with this?!? It's a lot of love here."
Though Scott had to pause performances during the pandemic, she celebrated the milestone virtually and continued building her brand as a multimedia entrepreneur, launching “Jill Scott Presents: J.ill the Podcast” in November 2020 alongside co-hosts Laiya St.Clair and Aja Graydon-Dantzler. The universally-loved podcast currently has 80 episodes and continues to grow in popularity and influence. Scott also participated in the first woman vs. woman Verzuz battle in May 2020, starred in Lifetime’s Highway to Heaven and BET+’s The First Wives Club, and in September 2021, she became the face of Nationwide, bringing a fresh take on a familiar campaign and putting her soulful spin on the iconic jingle.
Scott released her much-anticipated debut record, Who is Jill Scott? Words & Sounds, Vol. 1 in July 2000, which became a double platinum album that earned Scott several Grammy® nominations, including Best New Artist (2001), Best R&B Album (2001), and Best Female R&B Vocal Performance for three years in a row (2001-2003). The album also cracked Billboard top 10 for R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (2001).
WHO IS JILL SCOTT? WORDS & VOL. 1 TOUR DATES:
- Tue Feb 28 — Augusta, GA — Bell Auditorium
- Thu Mar 02 — Macon, GA — City Auditorium at Macon Centreplex
- Sat Mar 04 — Columbia, SC — The Township Auditorium
- Tue Mar 07 — Jacksonville, FL — Moran Theater
- Thu Mar 16 — Philadelphia, PA — The Met
- Sat Mar 18 — Philadelphia, PA — The Met
- Thu Mar 23 — Brooklyn, NY — Kings Theatre
- Mon Mar 27 — Newark, NJ — New Jersey Performing Arts Center
- Wed Mar 29 — Boston, MA — MGM Music Hall at Fenway
- Fri Mar 31 — Detroit, MI — Fox Theatre
- Sat Apr 01 — Cleveland, OH — MGM Northfield Park
- Sun Apr 23 — Nashville, TN — Nashville Municipal Auditorium
- Wed Apr 26 — Memphis, TN — Orpheum Theatre
- Fri Apr 28 — Chattanooga, TN — Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Auditorium
- Wed May 03 — Savannah, GA — Johnny Mercer Theatre
- Fri May 05 — Greensboro, NC — Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts
- Sat May 06 — Atlanta, GA — Cadence Bank Amphitheatre at Chastain Park
- Thu May 11 — Washington DC — The Theater at MGM National Harbor
- Sun May 14 — Washington DC — The Theater at MGM National Harbor
- Thu Jun 22 — Los Angeles, CA — The Hollywood Bowl