DTE Energy Music Theatre
DTE Energy Music Theatre - ranked among the top amphitheaters in the world - is located in Clarkston, Michigan. DTE Energy Music Theatre is a preferred venue for many of the nation's top touring acts. Ranked #1 in the world in Pollstar’s 2019 Year-End Rankings, the venue plays host to world-class entertainment events, concerts, comedy, family shows and community functions. The venue’s summer concert season typically begins in May and concludes each September or October.
The DTE Energy Music Theatre Box Office is currently closed and an opening date is TBA. For more information regarding postponement, rescheduled and canceled events, please visit our All Event Status Updates page or refer to the Ticketmaster Help Desk.
If you would like to contact the box office or make an appointment with a representative please click here.
- Parking for guests needing accessible parking is located outside the East entrance to the facility, near light poles labeled 1A & 1B. The entrance just south of the marquee sign is our “South Drive” and is primarily for guests with disabilities and upgraded parking. We encourage guests with disabilities to enter DTE Energy Music Theatre via the VIP or East Entrance, as there are no stairs required to access the pavilion or lawn from those entries.
- In order to enter the facility, guests will go through at least one security checkpoint. We use Magnetometers to screen all of our guests unless you request or require a hand wand, in which case we will have a Crowd Manager of the same gender use a metal detecting hand wand you before you enter the venue. If you are unable to have a metal detecting hand wand used, a Crowd Manager of your gender will perform a pat down before you may enter the facility.
- Guest who require a wheelchair escort can enter any one of our entrances and request that service by speaking with a Guest Relations colleague. They will escort you to your seat via wheelchair, or to any other location that you need assistance accessing (restroom, concession stand, etc.).
- If your tickets are in Will Call, please visit the Box Office near the East Gate. This can be accessed on the outside or inside of the venue for any ticket situation. If you are at the VIP gate, you can speak to a Guest Relations colleague to retrieve your Will Call tickets for you and return them to you.
- If you have lawn tickets and would like to upgrade to pavilion accessible seating, you will need to speak with a Guest Relations Supervisor and they will be able to assist you by going to the box office and arranging for you to be seated in one of our accessible areas. Please note this is based on if there are remaining unsold accessible lawn seats, and may result in paying the difference for the pavilion seats (versus lawn seats).
- The accessible seating locations for DTE Energy Music Theatre are located in the rear of the pavilion. There are raised platforms located in the left and left center sections of the pavilion, which are priced as a pavilion ticket. One companion seat may be purchased along with the accessible seat. Additional companion seats may be purchased but are in the rows ahead of the accessible section if available. Guests may also purchase tickets to sit behind the right or center sections. These tickets are priced at the lawn price. Please be aware that guests are not required to sit in their seats during the performance and guests who choose the accessible lawn seats may be obstructed by other guests standing. For assistance purchasing accessible seats or companion seats, please call the Box Office at (313)471-7929.
Assisted Listening Devices
- We offer Assisted Listening Devices to any guests that require them. They can be checked out at the Guest Service Offices at the East & West Plazas.
- If you are hearing impaired and want to visit DTE Energy Music Theatre, you may request the services of an interpreter by contacting Guest Experience at [email protected]. We ask that you make this request at least two weeks prior to the show date for which the interpreter is needed.
Can I bring my purse or backpack into the amphitheater?
- No bags or purses larger than 14" x 14" x 6"
- No backpacks
- Single compartment bags (such as drawstring bags) not exceeding the 14" x 14" x 6" are permitted
Can I bring a camera?
No video and sound recording devices, GoPros or tablets and No professional cameras (detachable lens)
What is the smoking policy?
Smoking is not permitted in the pavilion, inside restrooms, on the sponsor decks or where food & beverage is sold.
How do I contact Lost And Found?
During an event, found items are turned into the Guest Services Offices in the East & West Plazas. Guests may inquire about items at any point during the event. After an event, guests can email [email protected] to inquire about a lost item.
Can I bring a chair?
Guests are permitted to bring in “beach style” chairs for most amphitheater shows. Camping chairs or chairs that are more than 12 inches from the ground to the bottom of the seat (when unfolded) are not permitted into the venue. This is subject to change based on different tour or show requests.
Can I bring food and drinks into the amphitheatre?
Guests at DTE Energy Music Theatre are permitted to bring in their own food, but no outside beverages are permitted. This is subject to change based on different tour or show requests.
When are set times for my event?
Set times for each show varies, and are subject to change. Please reach out to our Guest Experience Team at [email protected] or 313.471.7425 for the most up to date run of show.
Can I tailgate before my event?
Yes, guests are allowed to tailgate/picnic before events. Alcohol is not allowed in the parking lot due to local township ordinances.
Where is the rideshare drop off and pickup?
Rideshares can enter South Drive to drop off and pick up guests. When picking up guests at the end of the night, rideshares will use the South Drive and enter the “Z-lot” where they will meet you.
Is my event sold at full capacity?
While the situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to evolve and we prepare to reopen, the health and safety of our guests, staff and artists is the top priority. Unless noted, your event is being sold at full capacity with anticipation that restrictions will be lifted by the time of the event. We continue to work closely with state and local health officials while following capacity guidelines and protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We will monitor protocols and guidelines as they evolve and communicate updates or changes to ticket holders via email, 313Presents.com and our social channels.
Will the event be canceled due to inclement weather?
Breast pumps are permitted inside the amphitheatre. If you have any questions about related items, please call Guest Experience at 313.471.7425 or email [email protected]. For the comfort of nursing mothers, we encourage you to use our First Aid (located in the East Plaza) to nurse or pump.
How much is parking and what are the hours?
Parking fees are included in the ticket price. Please check the venue Facebook page for official parking lot hours.
What time do doors open for my event?
The doors for events at DTE Energy Music Theatre open 90 minutes before the scheduled show start. This is subject to change.
What is the amphitheatre's capacity?
15,274 Total (*7,202 pavilion, *8,072 lawn seats)
Where is Guest Services located?
The Guest Relations office and information booth is located directly inside the East and West Entrances.
Can I see the performers from the back of the pavilion or lawn?
There are two giant live-action video walls located on both sides of the stage and Three 9’ X 12’ video screens mounted on top of the rear of the pavilion for lawn patrons.
What is the Guest Code of Conduct?
DTE Energy Music Theatre is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all guests. To provide these types of experiences, we have standards and expectations for all guests and visitors. The Guest Code of Conduct outlines those expectations and policies.
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity by displaying proper etiquette as outlined below. Guests should refrain from any action that disrupts other guests' enjoyment of the event
- Do not engage in any unruly behavior, including obscene gestures, derogatory, vulgar, biased or abusive language directed at guests, venue personnel, artists, or anyone else. This includes the use of such language, actions or gestures concerning a person’s race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, creed, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or national origin; or to instigate, incite or encourage violence, a confrontation or threat of physical harm
- Refrain from wearing any clothing or displaying signage/products that contains obscene or indecent messages or signs. DTE Energy Music Theatre reserves the right to prohibit anything deemed inappropriate
- Do not fight, throw objects or attempt to enter or interfere with the performance area
- Consume alcoholic beverages responsibly and avoid intoxication, diminished capacity or impairment by alcohol or drugs. Guests must be at least 21 years of age to consume alcoholic beverages
- Sit only in your ticketed seat and show your ticket when asked by venue personnel
- Do not exit with the expectation to re-enter the venue after scanning of tickets
- Refrain from smoking in non-smoking areas
Guests must comply with reasonable requests from venue personnel. Those who refuse may be subject to ejection without refund, revocation of season tickets and possible arrest and/or prosecution. Guests are encouraged to visit either Guest Services Office within the East and West plazas.
What are the health & safety measures in place at the venue?
The health and safety of our guests, staff and performers is our first priority. Please visit our Health & Safety Protocol page for more information.