Detroit’s crown jewel, the Fox Theatre, is one of the most iconic theatres and music venues in the world. In addition to hosting some of the biggest names in show business, the historic venue features a collection of award-winning Broadway musicals, interactive stage shows and treasured holiday favorites. The world-class theatre ranked sixth in the nation and seventh in the world in Pollstar’s 2019 Year-End Rankings for Top 200 Theatres.
BOX OFFICE IS OPEN ON EVENT DAYS ONLY
11:00 a.m. - 60 minutes after event start time
Tickets for all Fox Theatre events may also be purchased at the XFINITY Box Office at Little Caesars Arena.
TICKET LIMIT POLICY
The maximum number of tickets that can be purchased for a show is restricted to the published ticket limit of that show. Most events have an 8 ticket limit. The ticket limit can be viewed on the individual event page through the Ticketmaster website. This applies for the entire duration a show is on-sale and includes all points of purchase. 313 Presents reserves the right to cancel ticket limits on specific shows or offers at any time that exceed the policy. There is a four event per transaction limit (or a maximum of 32 tickets). If you wish to purchase more than four events, we politely ask that you get back in line (if applicable).
- The Fox Theatre main entrance located on Woodward Ave. between West Montcalm St. and West Columbia St. is accessible.
- Before guests are permitted entry into The Fox Theatre, they must go through one of our three security screening processes. The three different types of screening that are utilized include magnetometers, hand wands, or pat downs. Should guests not be able to use any of these devices for health reasons, please ask a Crowd Manager for alternative options.
- The Fox Theatre offers additional accessible entries at West Montcalm St. and West Columbia St. at select events. Guests must clear the screening procedures above.
Accessible Drop Off
- The designated Accessible Drop Off / Pick Up location is on Woodward Ave. at West Columbia St.
- Stopping directly in front of the theatre doors is prohibited as it blocks the Q-Line train tracks. Guests will be asked to pull forward if stopping in this area.
- Guests can request wheelchair assistance from our Guest Services team if needed.
- Are available in the Comerica Garage, as well as the surrounding Olympia-owned parking lots. These spots are available on a first-come, first served basis, at the going event rate.
Assisted Listening Devices
- Available at the Guest Service desk. Guests wishing to check out a device must leave a driver’s license or credit card, which will be returned upon receipt of the device in the same condition. Devices are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis and are provided free of charge.
- There are elevators for guests to use in the lobby to the right of the grand staircase.
Sensory Kits & KultureCity
- The Fox Theatre has partnered with KultureCity to make all events hosted at the arena sensory inclusive. This initiative promotes an accommodating and positive experience for all guests and fans with sensory needs. Event staff are trained by leading medical professionals on how to recognize guests with sensory needs and how to best handle a sensory overload situation.
- Sensory bags, equipped with noise canceling headphones, fidget tools, and verbal cue card are available to all guests who may feel overwhelmed by the environment. Strobe cancelling glasses and weighted lap pads are also available. Guests wishing to check out sensory items must sign a waiver and leave a driver’s license or credit card, which will be returned upon receipt of the sensory items in the same condition. Sensory items are available at the Guest Service desk in the Grand Lobby and are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis and are provided free of charge.
Sign Language Interpreters
- To request a sign language interpreter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. A four-week notice is required before an event.
Ticket Concerns & Exchanges:
- If you are having challenges with your seats or tickets, please see one of our Guest Services colleagues at the Guest Services desk located in the Grand Lobby.
- If you have tickets to an event and require an accessible location, please call 313-471-7929.
- Wheelchairs are available at each entrance for transportation to and from the seating areas. Upon entry, please ask any colleague for wheelchair assistance and they will be happy to help you.
- Wheelchairs are not available for individual use during events. During periods of heavy volume, guests may be asked to wait until a wheelchair becomes available to transport them either to their seats or back to the doors. In the event of a medical emergency in which wheelchair service is required, please contact the nearest colleague.
- Guests are permitted to bring their own wheelchairs to the Fox Theatre.
- For guests who wish to transfer from their wheelchair into a venue seat, we will store their wheelchair at the top of the aisle and return the wheelchair when desired.
What is the bag policy?
To uphold health and safety protocols, minimize contact and ensure a more seamless entry process, the Fox Theatre has adopted a no bag policy.
Exceptions to this policy include bags needed due to medical necessity including diaper bags, breast pumps and other medical devices. Medical bags must measure smaller than 14” x 14” x 6” and will be screened and tagged.
Single compartment wallets smaller than 4” x 6” x 1.5”, with or without a handle or strap are permitted.
Can I bring in a camera, tablet, or video/audio recorder into the Theatre?
Generally, professional cameras, tablets, audio recorders and video recorders are not permitted in the Fox Theatre; this policy, however, is altered to accommodate the preference of the artist or show. To inquire if professional cameras, tablets, audio or video recorders are permitted for a particular event, please contact us at 313-471-7000.
For select performances, a strict no camera policy will be enforced and guests will be informed.
Where is the Lost And Found?
All found items are submitted to our Corporate Security Department following the event; please contact (313) 471-6490 to inquire or guests can click this link to submit a missing item form.
Can I host a private event at the Theatre?
For additional information about hosting a private event please contact the Private Event Sales Department at 313-471-7104 or email Special.Events@olyent.com.
Can I bring food & drink into the venue?
Outside food & beverage is not permitted to be brought into the theatre. Food and beverage purchased inside the theatre is welcome inside the seating area.
Can I bring in my cellphone?
Please refrain from utilizing cellular phones in the Auditorium.
What is the Smoking policy?
For the comfort and safety of our guests, the Fox Theatre and its surrounding areas are non-smoking, including e-cigarettes, and re-entry to the theatre after exiting is not allowed.
Are there ATM's?
The Fox Theatre is a cashless venue and ATMs are not available.
I am running late, can I still attend my event?
Select performances prohibit late seating; therefore, please allow adequate time to arrive at the theatre, undergo security screening and find your appropriate seats. It is recommended guests plan to be seated at least sixty (60) minutes prior to the scheduled show time. Once a performance has begun, guests may be seated in an alternate location – or not seated – until an appropriate interval in the performance. This policy will be implemented and adjusted as necessary to minimize disruption to select performances.
Is there security screening at the entrance?
To ensure the highest level of safety and security, all guests are subject to a security screening upon entering the Fox Theatre. Prohibited Items
How do I become a Fox Theatre volunteer?
Visit the Fox Theatre Volunteer page for more information
What is the Guest Code of Conduct?
Fox Theatre is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all guests. To provide these types of experiences, we have standards and expectations for all guests and visitors. The Guest Code of Conduct outlines those expectations and policies.
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity by displaying proper etiquette as outlined below. Guests should refrain from any action that disrupts other guests' enjoyment of the event
- Do not engage in any unruly behavior, including obscene gestures, derogatory, vulgar, biased or abusive language directed at guests, venue personnel, artists, or anyone else. This includes the use of such language, actions or gestures concerning a person’s race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, creed, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or national origin; or to instigate, incite or encourage violence, a confrontation or threat of physical harm
- Refrain from wearing any clothing or displaying signage/products that contains obscene or indecent messages or signs. Fox Theatre reserves the right to prohibit anything deemed inappropriate
- Do not fight, throw objects or attempt to enter or interfere with the performance area
- Consume alcoholic beverages responsibly and avoid intoxication, diminished capacity or impairment by alcohol or drugs. Guests must be at least 21 years of age to consume alcoholic beverages
- Sit only in your ticketed seat and show your ticket when asked by venue personnel
- Do not exit with the expectation to re-enter the venue after scanning of tickets
- Refrain from smoking inside the venue. Fox Theatre is a non-smoking venue
Guests must comply with reasonable requests from venue personnel. Those who refuse may be subject to ejection without refund, revocation of season tickets and possible arrest and/or prosecution. Guests are encouraged to visit the Guest Services Desk in the Grand Lobby.
What are the health & safety measures in place at the venue?
The health and safety of our guests, staff and performers is our first priority. Please visit our Health & Safety Protocol page for more information.
Do you offer sensory-friendly options?
Little Caesars Arena, the Fox Theatre, Pine Knob Music Theatre, Meadow Brook Amphitheatre, Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre and Comerica Park have partnered with and gained certification with KultureCity, making all events hosted at the venues sensory inclusive. This initiative promotes an accommodating and positive experience for all guests and fans with sensory needs. Event staff are trained by leading medical professionals on how to recognize guests with sensory needs and how to best handle a sensory overload situation.
Sensory bags, equipped with noise canceling headphones, fidget tools, and verbal cue card are available to all guests who may feel overwhelmed by the environment. Strobe cancelling glasses and weighted lap pads are also available. Guests wishing to check out sensory items must sign a waiver and leave a driver’s license or credit card, which will be returned upon receipt of the sensory items in the same condition. Sensory items are available at the Guest Service Desk in the Grand Lobby and are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis and are provided free of charge.