Detroit’s crown jewel, the Fox Theatre, is one of the most iconic theatres and music venues in the world. In addition to hosting some of the biggest names in show business, the historic venue features a collection of award-winning Broadway musicals, interactive stage shows and treasured holiday favorites. The world-class theatre ranked sixth in the nation and seventh in the world in Pollstar’s 2019 Year-End Rankings for Top 200 Theatres.
OPEN ON EVENT DAYS ONLY: 11:00 am - 60 minutes after event start time.
Tickets for all FOX Theatre events may be purchased at the XFINITY Box Office at Little Caesars Arena.
The XFINITY Box Office at Little Caesars Arena is now open.
- The Fox Theatre has one main entrance that is located on Woodward between Montcalm and Columbia St. This entry is accessible. There are usually 7 walkthrough magnetometers at this entrance as well as the option of hand wands or pat down screening if necessary.
- For some events, the Fox Theatre offers an accessible entrance that guests with disabilities can utilize from Montcalm St. There are 2 walkthrough magnetometers at this door as well as hand wands and pat down screening if necessary.
Accessible Drop Off
- The designated Accessible Drop Off / Pick Up location is on Woodward at Columbia.
- Stopping directly in front of the theatre doors is prohibited as it blocks the Q-Line train tracks. Guest’s will be asked to pull forward if stopping in this area.
- Guests can request wheelchair assistance from our Doorman or Guest Services team if needed.
- Are available in the Fox Theatre Parking Garage, as well as the surrounding Olympia-owned parking lots. These spots are available on a first-come, first served basis, at the going event rate.
Assisted Listening Devices
- Available at the Guest Service desk. The devices operate on an FM system. Guests wishing to check out a device must leave a driver’s license or credit card, which will be returned upon receipt of the device in the same condition. Devices are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis and are provided free of charge.
- There are elevators for guests to use in the lobby to the right of the grand staircase.
Sensory Kits & KultureCity
- The Fox Theatre has partnered with KultureCity to make all events hosted at the arena sensory inclusive. This new initiative promotes an accommodating and positive experience for all guests and fans with sensory needs. Sensory bags, equipped with noise canceling headphones, fidget tools, and verbal cue card are available to all guests who may feel overwhelmed by the environment.
- Guests wishing to check out a sensory bag from our Guest Service desk must sign a waiver and leave a driver’s license or credit card, which will be returned upon receipt of the sensory bag in the same condition.
- Sensory bags are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis and are provided free of charge. The Guest Services desk is stationed in the main lobby just inside the doors on the far left (if you are facing the main entrance). This is where Guests with disabilities can go to request assisted listening devices, KultureCity bags and access to a quiet room if needed.
Sign Language Interpreters
- To request a sign language interpreter, please email [email protected] A four-week notice is required before an event.
Ticket Concerns & Exchanges:
- If you are having challenges with your seats or tickets, please see one of our Guest Services colleagues at the Guest Services Desk located in the Grand Lobby.
- Available for transportation to and from the seating areas.
- Upon arrival, please ask any staff member for wheelchair assistance and they will be happy to help you.
- Wheelchairs are not available for individual use during events. Wheelchairs are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis for transport either to seats or back to the doors by a member of our guest services team.
- In the event of a medical emergency in which wheelchair service is required, please contact the nearest staff member.
- Guests are welcome to bring their own wheelchairs to The Fox Theatre.
What is the bag policy?
To uphold health and safety protocols, minimize contact and ensure a more seamless entry process, our venues have adopted a no bag policy.
Exceptions to this policy include bags needed due to medical necessity including diaper bags, breast pumps and other medical devices. Medical bags must measure smaller than 14" x 14" x 6" and be screened at a designated entrance.
Single compartment wallets smaller than 5" x 7" x 1.5", with or without a handle or strap are permitted.
Can I bring in a camera, tablet, or video/audio recorder into the Theatre?
Generally, cameras, tablets, audio recorders and video recorders are not permitted in the Fox Theatre; this policy, however, is altered to accommodate the preference of the artist or show. To inquire if cameras, tablets, audio or video recorders are permitted for a particular event, please contact us at 313.471.7000.
Where is the Lost And Found?
All found items are submitted to our Corporate Security Department following the event; please contact (313) 471-6490 to inquire or guests can click this link to submit a missing item.
Can I host a private event at the Theatre?
Can I bring food & drink into the venue?
Food & beverage is not permitted to be brought into the venue.
Can I bring in my cellphone?
Please refrain from utilizing cellular phones in the Auditorium.
What is the Smoking policy?
For the comfort and safety of our guests, the Fox Theatre and its surrounding areas are non-smoking, including e-cigarettes, and re-entry to the theatre after exiting is not allowed.
Are there ATM's?
ATM's are located on the Main Floor and Mezzanine levels of the theatre on the left and right sides of the building.
Is my event sold at full capacity?
While the situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to evolve and we prepare to reopen, the health and safety of our guests, staff and artists is the top priority. Unless noted, your event is being sold at full capacity with anticipation that restrictions will be lifted by the time of the event. We continue to work closely with state and local health officials while following capacity guidelines and protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We will monitor protocols and guidelines as they evolve and communicate updates or changes to ticket holders via email, 313Presents.com and our social channels.
I am running late, can I still attend my event?
Select performances prohibit late seating; therefore, please allow adequate time to arrive at the theatre, undergo security screening and find your appropriate seats. It is recommended guests plan to be seated at least sixty (60) minutes prior to the scheduled show time. Once a performance has begun, guests may be seated in an alternate location – or not seated – until an appropriate interval in the performance. This policy will be implemented and adjusted as necessary to minimize disruption to select performances.
Is there security screening at the entrance?
To ensure the highest level of safety and security, all guests are subject to a courteous screening upon entering the Fox Theatre; security measures include screening via a walk-through metal detector and bag inspections. Please note, all personal belongings are subject to inspection and prohibited items discovered during security inspections must either be returned to the owner’s vehicle or discarded. Items will not be held for later pick-up.
How do I become a Fox Theatre volunteer?
Visit the Fox Theatre Volunteer page for more information
What is the Guest Code of Conduct?
Fox Theatre is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all guests. To provide these types of experiences, we have standards and expectations for all guests and visitors. The Guest Code of Conduct outlines those expectations and policies.
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity by displaying proper etiquette as outlined below. Guests should refrain from any action that disrupts other guests' enjoyment of the event
- Do not engage in any unruly behavior, including obscene gestures, derogatory, vulgar, biased or abusive language directed at guests, venue personnel, artists, or anyone else. This includes the use of such language, actions or gestures concerning a person’s race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, creed, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or national origin; or to instigate, incite or encourage violence, a confrontation or threat of physical harm
- Refrain from wearing any clothing or displaying signage/products that contains obscene or indecent messages or signs. Fox Theatre reserves the right to prohibit anything deemed inappropriate
- Do not fight, throw objects or attempt to enter or interfere with the performance area
- Consume alcoholic beverages responsibly and avoid intoxication, diminished capacity or impairment by alcohol or drugs. Guests must be at least 21 years of age to consume alcoholic beverages
- Sit only in your ticketed seat and show your ticket when asked by venue personnel
- Do not exit with the expectation to re-enter the venue after scanning of tickets
- Refrain from smoking inside the venue. Fox Theatre is a non-smoking venue
Guests must comply with reasonable requests from venue personnel. Those who refuse may be subject to ejection without refund, revocation of season tickets and possible arrest and/or prosecution. Guests are encouraged to visit the Guest Services Desk in the Grand Lobby.
What are the health & safety measures in place at the venue?
The health and safety of our guests, staff and performers is our first priority. Please visit our Health & Safety Protocol page for more information.
Do you offer sensory-friendly options?
Little Caesars Arena, the Fox Theatre, DTE Energy Amphitheatre, Meadow Brook Amphitheatre, Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre and Comerica Park have partnered with and gained certification with KultureCity, making all events hosted at the venues sensory inclusive. This initiative promotes an accommodating and positive experience for all guests with sensory needs.
Event staff are trained by leading medical professionals on how to recognize guests with sensory needs and how to best handle a sensory overload situation. Sensory bags, equipped with noise canceling headphones, fidget tools, verbal cue cards and weighted lap pads are available to all guests who may feel overwhelmed by the environment. Guests will also have access to sensory areas for those who may need a quieter and more secure environment. Sensory bags may be checked out at Guest Services at each venue the day or night of an event.